Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer Fun

I LOVE SUMMER!!!!

I have had this past week off from work, and have been trying to enjoy every minute of it. Some of the activities we have done included a weenie roast, Bee's baseball game, making homemade blueberry muffins, getting out the slip'n slide, making homemade slushies, visiting the Zoo, going to the movies, shaving my boy's heads, sleepovers, teaching Alexa to mow the lawn, visiting with friends, swimming, and much much more.
The Lalliss family weenie roast in my parents garden was to celebrate Eric visiting us from Oregon. It included lots of yummy food (and messy smores). As a joke, Kenn and I brought a circus peanut gelatin salad (a lovely little recipe we found on youtube by Jolene Sugarbaker- queen of trailer park cooking). The sad thing was the salad wasn't too bad and people actually ate it.
I decided to post a slide show for the weenie roast, but most of the pictures are kind of dorky and are more for my family to see themselves on my blog than anything else.
Click to play Family Weenie Roast
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook


I did want to also show some cute pictures of my kids during this past week.
My boys at the baseball game- the weather was perfect,
too bad every picture is Jake and Luke goofing off.
Alexa mowing the lawn for the 1st time
(one less job for parents to do- WooHoo).
Jake and Luke with their snazzy new haircuts.
Molly and Noah (Kristin's little boy) enjoying the swing set
Molly with her endless supply of otter pops and popsicles.
Kid's slumber parties in each other's rooms.

Too bad it's back to work on Monday :(

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Very cute! I enjoyed the slide show too though... I like to see what everyone looks like now.

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Hey Jo-
Your kids are pretty cute!
I think I must've taken about half the pics in your slide show. I guess you didn't mind me stealing your camera.
-Michelle

Brian & SuZ said...

Hey Jolene! Yea we love summer also! Now that it is summer we will be doing allot more and have more blogs put up so check our our sight when you have a chance!