Sunday, June 1, 2008

End of School, Baptism, and other Happenings

This past week has been a busy week in the Johnson home. Alexa, Jacob and Luke finished off the school year with field trips, end of school parties, field day in the pouring rain, talent shows (that parents weren't invited to), and Luke graduating kindergarten. The kids have really enjoyed their time at school, but I am looking forward to staying up late, playing at the pool, eating lots of popsicles and most of all NO HOMEWORK (don't get me wrong, I love reading to the kids and having them learn, but I feel like a lot of their assignments were busy work for me to help them do).
Saturday was an important day for Jacob because he was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Even though we hit a few bumps prior to the baptism (like Jake having a temper tantrum/melt down for some unknown reason), the rest of the day went off without a problem. It was extra special because Jake got to be baptized with his cousin Gavin. My mother gave a great talk about baptism, discussing the of purpose of baptism and the covenants we make with our Heavenly Father at that time. It reminded me today during sacrament meeting of the importance of those sacred ordinances.
Afterward we held a great party at my brother's AWESOME house. The weather and food were perfect and we had a great turn out. The only thing missing were 2 of my favorite brothers Scott and Eric. Here's a bunch of pictures of the eventful day.
Click to play Jake's baptism
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

Other news in our household- Kenn and I have started the planning process to build an addition to our house. We have debated doing this for a long time and finally decided it was time to just go for it. We have now met with our architect and contractor and now just need to finalize our plans. Construction will probably begin mid July and last through October. We will almost double the size of our house, and finally have the long coveted garage we have always wanted but never had. For now we are starting to purge all the junk in our house, and I guess we will probably need to find a place to stay for a couple months during the construction (mom if you are reading this, we will probably hit you up for a couple rooms to stay in). Anyway I'm sure I will post along the way all the positive and negative things we will be going through in the coming months, and you can bet when it is all done we will be having a great big open house party with everyone and their dog invited.
One last note, these will be the last pictures of me with long hair. This Tuesday my daughter Alexa and I will be cutting off all our hair to donate to "Locks of Love". Stay tuned for further postings, because I will most definitely be posting pictures of that experience.

2 comments:

Stephens Family said...

Wow - lots of big, fun changes! I guess that's what life is all about, huh? Good luck and keep us posted!
-Kellie

Kristin said...

I can't wait to see your new hair. It's amazing to me how long it is now... it's been WAY too long since I've seen you. I LOVE having your blog to read. It makes me feel more connected even though we don't get to actually talk more often.