Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thanks to the Male Genders in My Life

I am trying to have more gratitude for the good things in my life, especially for the people who have helped me become who I am. Since we just celebrated Father's Day this past week, I want to focus on a few special men (and boys) who lift me up each day.
Starting at the top of my list is of course my dad. What an awesome example of good work ethic. I have never seen any man work harder for family, friends, and neighbors than he does. My dad can build or fix just about anything; and if I need his help, he is at my side in a heartbeat. Even though my friends were always scared of him growing up (and I'm sure he scared off more than one boyfriend), I know he is really a big teddy bear and a goof ball at heart. Dad, I appreciate all the countless hours we have spent together weeding the garden, picking up rocks, building on the house, camping, weinie roasts, homework at the kitchen table, and endless family road trips in the non air conditioned truck. Thank you for the priesthood blessings, strong morals, and great example through my life. Thank you for holding my hand during Luke's birth when Kenn couldn't be with me. Thank you for treating my mom with respect. Thank you for being my dad. I could go on and on about how great my dad is, but I hope he knows how important he is in my life- Dad, I love you!!!!
Next of course I have to acknowledge my wonderful husband Kenn, who has sacrificed many of his dreams and hobbies for my education and successes. He is always the first to put off what he wants, so others can do what they want. Kenn and I always have a great time together whether it is playing in Disneyland, going out with friends, working out at the gym, or just hanging out with the kids. He challenges me intellectually, socially, politically and spiritually. Kenn, I am grateful that you took a chance on an immature 16 year old girl over 15 years ago. Thank you for taking me to the temple and making our marriage and family forever. Thank you for being a strong husband and caring father (for getting up in the night with kids, changing countless diapers, running kids around to games, and all the other things that a stay at home dad does). Thank you for sharing my same dreams and priorities (and for going along with all my dumb ideas like building on/renovating our house). I love you, I love you, I love you!!!!
Next on my list would have to be my two boys- Jacob and Luke. I have to admit when I first got married, I wanted an all girl family, but now I can't imagine my life without you. The spunk and energy you possess amazes me (and almost put me over the edge six years ago when you were just 2 and 1). I love your pictures and crazy stories, your inventions and craftiness. Thank you for being so smart and wonderful. Thank you for all the hugs and kisses. Thank you for reminding us to say our prayers daily. Thank you for choosing me to be your mom and for being a part of our family. I love you to the moon back, to infinity and beyond, a google, and so much more.



























Of course I have to give a shout out to all my brothers (as dorky as they may be) who are constantly making me laugh (either at them or with them, I'm still not sure). Rick, Brian, Scott, and Eric, even though I don't tell you very often, I love you too!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That's an awesome post. I really need to do one like it. I kinda' got wrapped up in everything that went on with my mom and think my dad deserves some serious kudos.

By the way, Brian posted (or e-mailed) me after Mom's passing and I thought it was the neatest thing... it's amazing how a few words can be so comforting!

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Joey-
I just have to say that that picture of Dad makes him look a little psychotic.
-Michelle

kim said...

It is so fun to read your blog and see how your cute family is doing. BTW, I absolutely love your hair.