Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Major Changes on the Hair Front

Well we did it! Alexa and I cut off all our hair and donated it to "Locks of Love". Since I have never had a good experience with short hair before, I was more than a little nervous today (the one time I had really short hair was eight years ago just prior to giving birth; it was a cheap cut from Great Clips- lets just say I cried a lot during that time of life and it wasn't just post partum depression). Alexa wasn't so worried because she has donated her hair before, and enjoys a short bob.
I wasn't taking any chances for another bad haircut, so I actually wrote the local news stations to see who they recommended for hair makeovers. I was referred to a great girl named Mandi at Sanctuary Day Spa in the South Towne Mall. The haircut and color were pretty expensive, but worth every penny. Besides the fact that they provided scalp massages, hand massages, and VIP treatment, I am actually pretty pleased with the end result.
Here's some pictures of the fun we had today.




Here is the before picture of Alexa (you can refer to the prior post for my before picture).










This is Alexa getting her hair cut off (we each had 10 inches cut off).











This is a lovely picture of me getting my hair highlighted (I felt like a TV antenna with all the tin foil on my head).








The end product of Alexa's haircut.









The end product of Jolene's haircut.















7 comments:

Kel said...

You both look wonderful! Nice and cool cuts for the summer. I love donating my hair too.

Kristin said...

I've always wanted to donate my hair, but I never actually grow it long enough. I just don't look right with long hair! You guys look great!

Christina said...

I love the hair. I actually cut mine on Saturday and its about the same lenght as yours. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough to donate. You look great and what a good cause.

Stephens Family said...

Oh my gosh! I LOOOOVE the cuts! You both look so chic! I'm sure you've inspired many!

Alysha said...

Hey hot mamma! You did it. You are one brave lady. I guess I should get up the guts to cut my long hair off since I've had it since high school. I'm just too chicken. But you guys look really cute! Can't wait to see it in person.

Minetta said...

Very cute!!! You've got guts and it paid off!!!

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE!!!! I love the hair cuts!!! You are beautiful.