Sunday, February 24, 2008

Treasure Hunt

Most of you who know me, know that I can be a bit of a perfectionist and a little obsessive about keeping things clean. That is why I was so surprise today when I went to place a pencil on my nightstand and it fell to the floor. There was literally no room left for something as small as a pencil on my messy nightstand. I thought to myself, what could I possibly have on there that is taking up so much space. I was so amazed at the things I found, I thought I should share them (I wish I took a picture, but I didn't think about it until I was half way done with cleaning).
It started out with my alarm clock, lamp, phone/answering machine, my scriptures, and a water bottle (the usual stuff). Then I found six church Ensigns, my Grandma Ballard's autobiography, 3 magazine articles on the pathophysiology of different liver diseases, Kenn's scriptures, Jake's Book of Mormon, my journal, three geneology pedigree charts, a couple pictures of the kids last summer, a herbal scented eyeshield for sleeping, two books on dog training, a Little House on the Prairie book, the remote for my TV, a remote for the DVD player, a remote for my laptop computer, folders containing my 2006 and 2007 taxes, a jar of vasoline (for my face), a bottle of scented lotion, a bottle of regular lotion, chapstick, a spoon?, three pens, a pencil, a necklace, three pairs of earrings, two rings, a watch, a hair brush, two hairbands, a coupon for a Spanky's sandwich (luckily it's not expired), and five cents.
Whew, I am exhausted after all of that. I guess I shouldn't nag Kenn and the kids so much about being pack rats and keeping everything they find. I feel much better now that I have removed about 50% of the junk from my nightstand, and I now have a coupon to go get a Spanky's sandwich and I am five cents richer (see there are great rewards to keeping things clean).

2 comments:

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Hey Joey-
I didn't know Grandma had an autobiography. You could shoot it my way sometime if you want. I would love to read it.
Isn't it amazing how much crap mothers collect. I am finding that if I don't clean out my purse about once a week my shoulder starts to hurt. I'm sure it will just get worse once the baby arrives.
See you soon.
-Michelle

Alysha said...

sure--the vasoline is for your face. Ha Ha. J/k. My nightstand gets that way all the time.