Monday, February 18, 2008

Friends

I have been thinking a lot about friends over the past week- both friends of the past who I don't associate with anymore, and my present friends.
This past week I found a college friend that I hadn't talked to for over 10 years. Christina and I were such good friends/roommates during our freshman year of college at BYU, and then life happened and somehow we lost contact with one another. We found each other through the wonders of the internet. When we talked to each other on the phone, I realized how much we missed out on each other's lives during the past 10 years, but I am excited to keep in touch with Christina, and hopefully see her sometime in the near future.
Today is also the 2nd anniversary of when I lost my best friend, Annelie Johnson. Her unexpected death was such a shock, that it took me a long time to cope with the loss. Annelie was such a great, unselfish, and loving person. She was my role model during high school and much of college. Life hasn't quite been the same without her. I still miss her phone calls and emails. Sometimes I get caught off guard with my emotions when I hear songs on the radio that Annelie and I use to listen to, or hear quotes that she use to say. Life goes on and I have also moved on, but I will always be grateful for the experiences we shared.




Most of all I have been thinking of my best friend (and husband) for the past 13 years- Kenn. We always have such a good time together. With my untraditional work schedule and Kenn being mostly a stay at home dad, we get to play and hang out a lot. Many times during the week I think how lucky we are that we can go shopping, or work out, or go out to lunch, or even take an afternoon nap when most wives are doing housework, and most husbands are slaving away in an office. I do want to thank Kenn for the beautiful roses he gave me and my girls on Valentine's Day, but I am especially grateful we were able to go to the temple later that evening (even though most of Davis county had the same idea).

Finally I do need to say happy birthday to my little brother Scott (even though his is much taller and stronger than me), who just turned 28. You will be in my prayers daily while you are fighting for people's freedom in Afghanistan.

Also happy birthday to my Grandpa Ballard (for his 94th birthday). We look forward to visiting you and Grandma in Oregon next month.

2 comments:

Kel said...

That is one of my favorite pictures of Scott!

Stephens Family said...

Hi Jolene! You probably don't remember me from high school, but I saw your blog address on wxhs.com and checked it out - cute!! It's great to see what you've been up to in all these years! Hope all is well!
-Kellie (Jacobson) Stephens
qandk@juno.com
blog: www.qandkfamily.blogspot.com