Friday, February 1, 2008

Gratitude for Our Prophet- President Hinckley

It has now been five days since the passing of our wonderful prophet Gordon B. Hinckley. Yesterday we had the opportunity to go to his viewing at the conference center. What an awesome experience to feel the peace and serenity that was present from the moment we entered the building until after we passed the casket, pictures, and multitudes of flowers. I had a hard time saying good bye because he is my prophet. Like so many others have said, I felt like I personally knew him. President Hinckley has been around through my baptism, seminary years, marriage, and birth of my four children. I have come to love the gospel and I developed my testimony during his presidency. As I looked upon the face of this lovely man, I had tears running down my cheeks. Molly was very concerned that I was sad; later she made sure to ask me if I was happy again. It was a bitter sweet moment. I am so thankful for President Hinckley. I am thankful for his insight to bring us the many temples throughout the world, the perpetual education fund, the conference center, and the multiple of other miracles that God inspired him to do. I am grateful for his many years of service to bring us all closer to God and to make each of us a better person. I am happy for President Hinckley. Of course I will miss our wonderful prophet, but I am sure he is enjoying an unbelievable reunion with his beautiful wife Marjorie, his parents, and the many other family and friends that have passed before him. I know this experience will forever be embedded in my heart and I hope it will be something my children will also remember forever.

No comments: