Sunday, December 7, 2008

Twilight


Yes I am sorry to admit that I am a Twilight fan. I enjoyed the books (as cheap enjoyable reading), but I am in no way like some of Kenn's cousins i.e. Laura- who live for Edward.
The Johnson girls (Janet, Laura, Emma, Melissa, Aimie, Kara, and I) all got together for dinner, and then saw the movie on opening night (at the Gateway theater where one of Aimie's friends rented the theater and had 500 of her friends attend the premier). Since we were some of the last ones to get our tickets, our seat were on the front row (that kind of sucked). It was fun to be with so many die hard fans, which made the movie even more enjoyable.
I went into the movie with low expectations, so Twilight was actually better than I expected. The storyline was pretty good, the scenery was excellent, but the acting was sub par and the makeup/costumes sucked (Edward's bright red lipstick was a little distracting). Also the characters weren't really the way I pictured them (they should have been breath taking instead of just good looking) and one last pet peeve was the special effects. The running, tree climbing, and especially the meadow scene (you all know what I am talking about if you have read the book or seen the movie) reminded me of some stupid 1980's technology (sorry Laura, but it really did suck and Edward is not as good looking as you think). After all that though, I would still recommend the movie because I am a hopeless romantic.

This is how I picture Edward Cullen in my mind.... sigh.

4 comments:

Kel said...

The movie Edward isn't at all how I pictured him either, but yours is much closer. I told Scott he would have to watch it with me because he would get a kick out of some of the effects. When they started running the first time, I almost laughed out loud.

Anonymous said...

I thought you pictured Edward Cullen to look like me! I feel so betrayed!

Kristin said...

LOL... sorry... LOVE Kenn's comment.

So, how I was really going to comment:

FINALLY!!! A real review. Thank you! I have not seen it yet and haven't heard hardly anything about it. Thank you SO much!

P.S. I'll be waiting for it to come out on DVD. Partially because my image of Edward is much like yours... great pic!

Rach said...

I know this post is a little old, but I just noticed it, and you felt the exact same way I did. I did a review on my blog, and I think we said some things word for word, like the lipstick comment. Too funny. I'm still going to get it when it's on DVD.