Sunday, November 16, 2008

Annual Lalliss Pie Day


My family has an awesome tradition that we have been doing since I can remember. My mother Diann is an excellent pie maker, and had passed this trait on to her kids. Every year about a week before Thanksgiving, everyone gets together (all the kids and grand kids) and we make pie shells. Then we take our pie shells home and fill them with our favorite pie filling (mine is usually chocolate, banana cream, or squash chiffon) and we bring our pies to Thanksgiving dinner.
The above picture is one of my pie shells this year. Here are some pictures of my kids enjoying our favorite family tradition.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

4 comments:

Aimie said...

Jolene,
Your pie crust looks so awesome!! Can you teach me? I can never seem to get my crusts to look anything like that!
Thats an awesome tradition!!!

Aim Aug said...

Cute tradition Jolene! It's so good to hear from you! Your kids look just like you! Adorable!

kim said...

That looks like a complete blast! What a great family tradition. If I ever get a family, I will have to start that. (:

Rach said...

Hi Jolene! Cute kids! And what a fun tradition! I'm glad I found your blog!