Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was held at a church with my immediate Lalliss family (about 45 people). I worked the night before, and Kenn worked the morning of Thanksgiving, so things were a little hectic in our house. Prior to the meal, we tried to get all the grandchildren together for a picture (27 kids with the oldest being 17 years old, and the youngest being 7 months old- lets just say it wasn't a pretty sight).

These are probably the 2 best photos we could get
(my favorite part of this picture besides Molly's classic face, is Tasha pretending to shoot herself)

We had a great time with all my favorites- Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, stuffing, rolls, sweet potatoes, fruit salad, cranberry sauce, olives, veggies, a million different drinks, and of course the pies: squash chiffon, banana, chocolate, cherry, apple, lemon cream, chocolate cream cheese, coconut, and a berry apple crisp.
We played games, wrote cards/letters to Scott, and of course mapped out our plan for Black Friday shopping (Monique and I do this every year for some crazy reason- but I will write about that later).
I didn't bring my camera, so I had to steal some pictures from my mom.
(Luke is playing his armpit- I have never been so proud)

(Yes, I do have 4 different pieces of pie on my plate- its Thanksgiving, don't judge me)

I really do have a lot to be grateful for: my husband, my kids, my parents (and their willingness to house my family during our home renovation), my brothers and sisters and their families, my brother Scott's safety while he is serving in Afghanistan, a good job, a nice home (well, when it is finished anyway), my health, friends, the internet (yes, the internet has helped me connect with many friends and some family that I have lost touch with over the last couple years and I have met many great people), and I am especially thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. Without the knowledge of our saviour, I would be lost.
I hope all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving connecting with friends/family, and were able to take some time to reflect on all your blessings.

1 comment:

Christina said...

How fun! I miss having huge family Thanksgiving dinners.