Sunday, July 13, 2008

Updates in the Johnson Family

This upcoming week is going to suck. Both Kenn and I will be working overtime (and opposite shifts) so we won't be spending much time with one another or as a family. We are both trying to work extra to help pay for the massive project our house renovation has become.
As far as work on the house is going, Kenn and I have started taking down the old garage (removing the aluminum shingles to recycle, selling the garage door, giving some of the cinder blocks to my dad). The plans for our house have pretty much been finalized and are still being processed by the architect. After that they need to be approved by the city (which could take up to a month....sigh). Our hope is to get the actual construction on our house started by mid August, but it's looking more like September. We have started packing up some of our stuff, and we are working out the details to move in with my parents when our house becomes unlivable. It's kind of a depressing process really, but hopefully things will move quickly and we will be back in our house by the holidays.
I just have to focus on the fun we are having for now. Here are some random pictures that make me smile.


Kenn and Molly taking a Sunday afternoon nap.




















The kids visiting with the cast for Kaysville's production of "Beauty and the Beast".










Kenn with his favorite Disney character Belle (who just happens to be his friend Dana Rasmussen).
















Luke and Alexa slip n' slidin.













Shakes at Iceburg (which by the way these 2 shakes comfortably fed my family of 6).



















Molly swimming at the rec center.




















Dog pile at the gym (*correction*- Molly, Luke, and Jake).















This is one of my favorite scenes- I really love my kids!!!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

WAY cute pictures... I LOVE that last one... those are the "moments" that make motherhood worth it!

Bastians said...

I can't wait for the construction to start. Be sure to post pictures along the way! Cute kids!!

Dork #12 said...

That's Molly in the dogpile, not Alexa. Geez, don't even know your own kids? What kind of mother are you?

Just kidding. You know you're a wonderful mother. More importantly, those kids know you're a wonderful mother.

Anonymous said...

So what kind of construction are you doing that you have to move out of the house? How exciting!!! I love to watch stuff like that so I hope you post along the way!!