Monday, May 12, 2008

California Trip














This past week we celebrated Jacob's 8th birthday, and our 12th wedding anniversary. What better way to celebrate than a trip to Disneyland!!!! It's our favorite place to go, and we always have a great time.
During our drive, we stopped in Baker, California at the World's Largest thermometer. The temperature at 10 o'clock in the morning was 76 degrees. Too bad that was the warmest temperature we experienced the whole time in California.
We also ate at a cheap restaurant with great food call Bob's Big Boy Burgers (if anyone has seen the 80's movie Midnight Madness, this place is just like Johnny's Fat Boy Burgers- only there wasn't a busty waitress wearing a "HUG ME" necklace).
Our first day in California, we had some free time so we headed to Newport Beach. The weather was cooler than I like, but the kids didn't seem to mind and played in the water anyway. Jake found a huge jelly fish that was bigger than my hand. We also watched men fishing on the pier. When one guy caught a small fish, I thought I would show the kids how the nice fishermen throw the small fish back into the ocean. Imagine my surprise when he quickly cut the head off the fish and then proceeded to gut the thing and chop it up to use as fish bait- all the while my kids watched in amazement. So much for a positive learning experience.
Later that evening we visited my Aunt Julia and her family in San Bernardino. She just moved into a huge house with a great view of the city and mountains. We had a great time, and Molly even met up with my cousin's little girl Shelby, who could have been her twin. With Molly's blonde hair and blue eyes, she fit right in with all the other California girls!
This isn't the best picture, but the girls wouldn't pose for us. Molly is on the left, Shelby is on the right.

We then spent the next 4 days at Disneyland, and California Adventures. The park wasn't too crowded, and we had little to no wait in most of the lines for rides. Here's a bunch of pictures of our time in the "Happiest Place on Earth" (by the way, the strange man in the teacups is Kenn's dad Bruce).


Click to play Disney Trip 2008
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

7 comments:

Alysha said...

You always go on vacations....it's unfair. You better move up here to work with me. You'll get a lot more free time and maybe more $$$ for those trips????!!!! Looks like you had a great time. I'm coming down to work with you this weekend. Maybe you'll let me go home early.

Brian & SuZ said...

Hey thanks for the Invite on the disneyland trip! I would have really enjoyed going. Just kidding! Hope you had fun and all is doing good.

Love ya
The "Cool" Uncle :)

Michelle - aka Belle said...

I'm jealous!!!
-Michelle
p.s. Glad you're back. Sorry you missed all the fun on Sunday. We'll have you over sometime soon.

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We are taking our girls to Disneyland for the first time in a couple weeks! Hopefully we'll be early enough to miss the summer crowds!

Stephens Family said...

Ohhh, sounds SO fun! I'm glad you guys had a great time. We're trying to take our girls to Disneyland hopefully next year. Can you believe my 31-year-old husband has NEVER been there? And the last time I went, I was 7! It sounds like the first part of May is a good time to go!

Kristin said...

How fun! I'm so glad you finally posted again. ;) It's fun to see your pictures and read what you've been up to... and I could totally tell which of the girls was Molly... your kids all look like you!

Anonymous said...

Johnnys Fat Boy Burges!!!!! Hug Me!!