Sunday, May 18, 2008

Jake Turns Eight!!

I know in my last post I mentioned Jake had his birthday, but tonight we finally celebrated it with presents and a family dinner.
The weather was so beautiful that we held the event outside. Kenn made up a chicken type casserole that worked out really well, and I tried a new frozen strawberry dessert with whipped cream- DELICIOUS!!! The kids had fun showing off to the grandparents, and the new Indiana Jones Legos were a big hit.
Jake is such a great addition to our family, I can't imagine what life would be without my Rocket boy. He is amazing and way too smart for his own good (Kenn and I always joke that Jacob is so smart he is either going to be one of the most successful people we know when he grows up, or else he is going to lead us all to an early death). Jake is also very fast in everything he does (hence the nickname- Rocket). He learned to walk when he was 9 months old, he was escaping the house and exploring the neighborhood by 18 months, reading by 5 years, etc. He was so fast that the doctor didn't even make it to the delivery.
We love Jake with all our hearts and wish him the happiest birthday. Here are a few more pictures of Jacob and his birthday dinner.






















By the way I forgot to mention that Jacob is getting baptized Saturday, May 31st in Herriman (we are doing duel baptisms with his cousin Gavin). We are holding a luncheon afterwards at my brother's house in Riverton (lots of food, fun, and games). Invitations will be coming out this week with more information, but feel free to give us a call if you have questions.

1 comment:

Alexa said...

I love it mom YES I'm the first to coment