Monday, April 28, 2008

Family Gathering

My brother Scott was able to come home this past weekend from military training in Washington for a few days to bless his new baby Ethan. Ethan is only 2 weeks old, but it was the only chance Scott had to visit before he is being deployed to Afghanistan.
Saturday we had a large family party (weinie roast) at my parent's garden with the Lalliss side of the family. It was a lot of fun and the weather was beautiful, but Scott couldn't stay for long and his wife Kelly and their new baby weren't able to attend.
Sunday (April 27th) was the day of the blessing. Sacrament meeting was great, but pretty emotional for me. It was really cool during Scott's testimony when he talked about his battalion and how many of the men are members of the LDS church. It comforts me a little that he will have a strong priesthood presence around him while he is out serving our country. He also made an excellent point that all the LDS military men out there are bringing the gospel and priesthood in an area that hasn't had that for a long time.
Scott had to fly out shortly after the blessing. We don't know exactly when he is leaving for Afghanistan (there is a lot of stuff he can't tell us because it's "classified"), but we know it's soon. My brother is so awesome, and I know he will make us proud. We love you Scott, and we will watch over your beautiful wife and kids while you are gone.
Here is Scott's family picture- Kelly, Ethan, Addie, and Scott.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

That's awesome, Jolene, thanks for sharing... I had heard this was coming, but wasn't sure when. What a beautiful family he has. I don't think Scott looks any different than I remember him. How funny!?!