Saturday, March 8, 2008

100 Things

I have had a couple friends post 100 hundred things about themselves, and it was so interesting. I loved it! I thought it would be fun to give it a shot. I challenge all of you to do the same.

1. I come from a family with 8 kids (I am the 6th child, and youngest girl).
2. My favorite color is yellow because it is a happy color.
3. I really do think Disneyland is the happiest place on earth.
4. I love to watch infomercials (if I have a telephone and a credit card close by, I am in big trouble).
5. My favorite ice cream is chocolate peanut butter (but I am a sucker for almost any junk food).
6. My favorite smell is fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, or warm cinnamon rolls.
7. I hate melons of any kind (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, etc).
8. I am addicted to blogging.
9. I have visited Mongolia with the LDS church for a humanitarian service project.
10. I hate fish, but my favorite sandwich is a tuna fish sandwich.
11. My first car was a 1985 rust colored Dodge Colt.
12. I think running is God's punishment to man, but I wish to someday complete a marathon.
13. I was a vegetarian for almost 2 years in high school, now I love meat.
14. I still have a perfect driving record (no tickets, no accidents).
15. My favorite book is "Gone with the Wind"
16. My favorite singer is Karen Carpenter (I think her voice is the most perfect voice I have ever heard).
17. I am very shy and insecure about myself.
18. I love to work out at the gym (especially weight lifting class).
19. Kenn and my song is "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
20. When I was pregnant with Luke, I craved ice so badly that I licked the inside of a freezer (yes, your tongue really does stick to frozen things).
21. I have delivered two children naturally without any drugs, or doctors present (not by my choice, they were precipitous deliveries). Kenn even missed Luke's birth.
22. When I was pregnant with Molly, I ate so much ice that I lost two filling, and cracked a tooth.
23. I love working in the medical field taking care of premature and sick babies. I find the human body fascinating.
24. I love to clean (seriously).
25. I have to eat my M&M's in a certain order by color- yellow, red, blue, then green.
26. I am jealous of people who can sing (it is one talent that I severely lack).
27. My favorite music group is the Barenaked Ladies, followed by U2.
28. I think Bon Jovi is totally gorgeous and I love his songs (and Kenn is okay with that).
29. I hate admitting when I am wrong even though it happens all the time.
30. My favorite season is Spring.
31. I graduated from the University of Utah, but I am a devoted BYU fan.
32. I love Hannah Montana (along with Alexa and millions of other preteen girls).
33. I love to handle the finances in my family.
34. I love to go to church, especially relief society.
35. I have had plastic surgery and I am not ashamed to talk about it.
36. I love to go shopping.
37. I love to read with Alexa at night (it's our special time).
38. I love hearing my children sing (especially when Molly does sign language along with it).
39. My sister Monique and I once pierced each other's ears.
40. I am very much afraid of heights.
41. I get claustrophobia easily.
42. I have eaten fried grasshoppers before (dry, crunchy, gross).
43. I met Kenn while cleaning toilets at the Church Office Building.
44. I was nine months pregnant at my 5 year and 10 year high school reunions.
45. I am a very emotional person (sometimes I even cry watching commercials).
46. Besides Kenn, I don't really have a best friend (I am a pretty private person).
47. I have seen "Groundhog Day" hundreds of times (Scott, Eric, Kenn, and I quote it nonstop).
48. I know 2 songs that I would like sung at my funeral- "Nearer My God to Thee" and "Abide with Me".
49. The first boy I kissed later told me I kissed like a rock (in my defense, I was asleep).
50. I have always wanted to work in the temple assisting the brides (maybe when I'm retired).
51. I would like to be a bride again (even if it is just wearing a wedding dress while cleaning around the house).
52. I enjoy doing yard work.
53. I once spent a summer in a one room apartment with 2 brothers, my parents, and lots of cockroaches in Oklahoma.
54. My favorite drink is cherry Coke.
55. I am left handed (so is Kenn, Alexa, and Jake).
56. I enjoy going shopping on the day after Thanksgiving (I am a sucker for sales).
57. I love Will Ferrell movies especially "Taladaga Nights", "Elf", and "Anchorman".
58. I recently found out my next door neighbor Jessica is my 2nd cousin (her grandpa married Kenn and I).
59. I roofed my own house.
60. I love Christmas and like to listen to Christmas music soon after Halloween (Kenn limits this though).
61. Alexa and I are currently growing out our hair to donate to Lock of Love.
62. In my ideal world my house would be perfectly organized down to the hangers in my closet being evenly spaced apart (it will never happen as long as other people are living in my house).
63. I will learn how to speak Spanish one day.
64. I want to learn how to play the piano and guitar.
65. I plan to retire when I am 50 years old (we'll see if that actually comes true).
66. I got married when I was nineteen, had my first baby when I was barely twenty.
67. My ideal outfit is pajama pants and a sweatshirt (good thing I can justify wearing this lounging around the house during the day after a night shift).
68. Once I ate 17 pieces of pizza in one sitting (I was pregnant at the time).
69. If I could afford it, I would go out to dinner every night (or have a chef cook for me each day).
70. If it were up to me, I would take a 2 hour nap each day (I love to sleep).
71. One day I will have a room in my house that is like the celestial room in the temple (light colors, white furniture, flowers, and a crystal chandelier).
72. I love to shop at Deseret Industries.
73. I like to surf the radio stations and sing along.
74. Once I tried to highlight my own hair and tint my eyebrows, but my hair ended up orange and my eyebrows fell out.
75. I love to listen to Suze Orman about financial advice.
76. I hate politics (even though Kenn is passionate about this and would like to run for city council someday).
77. My ideal evening is eating out and then watching a movie curled up in my bed with Kenn.
78. I love cross word puzzles, word jumbles, and sudoku.
79. Sometimes when I need a good cry, I listen to sappy love songs and drive aimlessly in my car by myself.
80. Whenever it snows, my brothers (Scott and Eric) and I race to be the first to call or text each other to say "Wake up it's snowing".
81. I hate being called Ma'am; even though it is a sign of respect, it just makes me feel old.
82. I want to be just like my mom and dad when I grow up (good at sewing, cooking, making things, fixing anything, etc).
83. My favorite New Year's Eve was spent at home with Kenn and the kids eating take out Chinese food and working on a puzzle.
84. I graduated with my master's degree on 05/05/05 at 5:00 PM.
85. I recently bought a toy poodle puppy named Taser.
86. I hate science fiction and fantasy, but some of my favorite books are the "Harry Potter" series.
87. I have arthritis in my fingers and knees (I'm too young to be this dang old).
88. My brothers called me Pork Chop when I was pregnant.
89. I was fat as a child and whenever we passed fields with cows, my brothers called the cows Joeys (after me)- I have since forgiven them since I weigh less then they do now.
90. I like to read the obituaries each day (I find other people's lives and accomplishments fascinating).
91. I like to read church romance novels, especially Anita Stansfield (thanks Mom).
92. I find youtube to be a great form of entertainment (see "You Suck at Photoshop", "Charlie the Unicorn", music videos, SNL clips, infomercials, Will Ferrell clips, etc.).
93. I like learning how to do home improvements (even though the project always turns out to be much bigger than originally expected).
94. My favorite channel is the Food Network (especially during chocolate week around Valentine's day).
95. My nicknames include Jo, Joey, Joleeny, Leener, Jolynn, Volene, Irene, Joey Jo Jo, and Leeny. My brothers like to remind me my name rhymes with pork and beans.
96. I was once brought home by the police after I was caught doorbell ditching with my brother Brian.
97. I was named after the song "Jolene" by Dolly Parton.
98, I could out eat Kenn any day (good thing I have will power, otherwise I might earn the nickname Pork Chop again).
99. I have never needed to question my religious beliefs, I have always known the LDS church to be true.
100. My children and husband remind me daily that my life has purpose and that I am loved. I am grateful for all that God has given me and for this wonderful life that I am living.

Okay, that's it. Now it's YOUR turn!

4 comments:

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Okay, Joey-
You have inspired me. I will try the 100 things list, but it may take me a while to get to it. I have to see my doctor twice a week, not just once. It's getting a little old, but it's looking like it will only be for another week and a half. I went for a long walk today and had contractions every 13 minutes during the walk, but they have been between every 30-45 minutes since then. At least it's something. The problem is, I don't think it's doing much good. The baby isn't head down. He is just floating wherever he wants, so the contractions aren't making him push down. My doctor is worried that my water will break and he won't be in position, so she wants to deliver him no later than the 18th. Then it will be a controlled situation and they can break my water after they make sure he's head down.
By the way, I learned some things about you I didn't know from your list. Maybe you will learn something about me when I do mine. I am so much older than you last four that I don't feel like I even know you. I sometimes feel like we were raised in different families, which I guess we were to some extent. I was gone by the time you were old enough to really remember. I think Eric was four when I moved out. It's good to get to know you a little better.
See you soon.
-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I have to know - plastic surgery? Really??!

Alysha said...

Jolynn--so interesting. I learned a lot about you. I thought I was your best friend not kenn. I hate to be called Ma'am too! That's for our grandmas--not us. You are a neat person and I'm glad to have you as a friend.

Kristin said...

Wow! I learned a lot about you too... I didn't realize how little I knew, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Anyway, it was fun to read. Maybe someday when I get a blog set up I'll do the same thing. It seems like it would be good self reflection too.