Friday, June 12, 2009

Cabbage Contest

**These photos are again from the archives**

At the end of Alexa's 3nd grade (June 2006), her teacher (Mrs. Peterson) gave each student a small cabbage plant and challenged them to grow the plant. Alexa brought her small little plant home and we ended up planting it in my parents large garden. We totally forgot about it until one day in September my dad called wondering if we were ever going to come pick the cabbage. We were very impressed with the final product (too bad we didn't know about it earlier or Alexa could have entered her cabbage in the Utah State fair).

I think Alexa looks so cute (and young) in these pictures (and her eyes are an incredible green/blue) . I especially like how she looks so proud of her work.

2 comments:

Christina said...

That cabbage is HUGE!!!! Tell Alexa to send her gardening tips my way.

Aim Aug said...

She is so sweet Jolene; she looks like her mom!