Sunday, September 7, 2008

LDS Conference Center

This morning to kill some time before church, we thought we would play tourist and visit the LDS Conference Center. I have been to the Conference Center before, but never for a tour. I was amazed at all the beautiful artwork, and visiting the Hall of Prophets and the portrait rooms of all the modern day apostles were a little awe inspiring and humbling. I wish I took more pictures of all the original paintings and sculptures, but it wouldn't have done the masterpieces justice. It is a place that you need to visit and appreciate in person.



This frosted glass fountain also has a large glass sculpture a few stories above that reflected light and made little rainbows all over.








I could not believe the detail on this stain glassed window. It is one of the most beautiful windows I have ever seen!








This is a portrait of Luke Johnson, an apostle during Joseph Smith's time. Since I have a child with the same name, I thought it was kind of cool to learn a little bit about him.









The view of the Salt Lake Temple from the Conference Center roof was very impressive.












I was wearing really high heels, so I had to sit down in this picture because I was taller than Kenn (he was a little self conscious about that).









Here's our little family on such a bright sunny Sabbath day.

1 comment:

Bastians said...

I was just thinking about you the other day. How is the house coming? BTW: You look fantastic in the golf picture. Hope we work together soon.