Sunday, September 7, 2008

Kidless Cousins Day

Each month a group of the Johnson cousins try to get together. This past Saturday, we decided to go kidless and see what damage we could do with just the adults.
Brian got us onto Hill Air Force Base where we hit the driving range, and I swung a golf club for the 1st time ever (except for miniature golf). The weather was PERFECT!!!! Golfing was a lot of fun, but my form wasn't quite up to par (get it, hee hee), and Tiger Woods would have been ashamed to call what I was doing golf. Kenn and I tried swinging right handed (since we are both left handed), and the boys all tried to repeat the Happy Gilmore swing (without much success).
Following our successful afternoon of not killing anyone with stray balls, we gorged ourselves on lots of meat and meat related products at Famous Dave's BBQ. To work off the "meat sweats" after dinner, we played Encore (a music game) until the wee hours of the night. The boys killed the girls (or I should say Kenn won hands down), but I think we kind of let them win to boost their self esteem.
We had such a great time, and I can't wait for the next "kidless" activity when we are going shooting (and I will have the chance to fire a gun for my 1st time ever- if you thought I was scary with a golf club, just you wait)!



Brian is monitoring Aimie and Jolene on their 1st swings of the day.






Melissa and Jolene giving it their all.
















Aimie showing us her stuff.















Kenn taking out all his frustrations on the poor ball.









Craig following in Kenn's footsteps with the frustrated swing (apparently it's a Johnson thing)







Brian trying out his Happy Gilmore swing.








His graceful little dance didn't even get the ball off the tee.











Thanks guys, see you next month!!!


1 comment:

Melissa said...

We had a great time guys! And even I can't wait for the next kidless one. I'm a little excited to try shooting.